SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL
Successful candidates for positions in the U.S. Bank Law Division consistently provide excellent advice and guidance to clients and colleagues on a variety of legal matters. They build trusting relationships that allow the business to make well-informed decisions. Successful candidates for positions in the Law Division also work to attract, retain, and develop great people in an inclusive environment where each person is valued for the distinct skills and attributes they bring to the group. They contribute to the excellence of the Law Division through meaningful collaboration, participation in the community, and investment in the development of the department.
U.S. Bank is seeking a senior attorney to assist with managing legal risk for the U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation. The role requires good judgment, a commitment to building strong relationships, and a strong work ethic. Successful candidates should demonstrate at least five years of experience either in-house or at a law firm and must have a J.D. from an accredited law school
- Law degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed by and in good standing with the appropriate state bar association or other appropriate state attorney licensing authority
SENIOR CORPORATE COUNSEL
|Posting Start Date:
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Five years of in-house, law firm, financial services institution, or similar experience
U.S. Bank Law Division will support U.S. Bank’s core values, which guide what we do every day:
- Experience documenting and negotiating commercial transactions and negotiations, including commercial loan and tax credit documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Comfort and skill when speaking in public
- Problem solver with a demonstrated commitment to client service and the ability to work in a team environment
- The ability or the potential to implement equitable practices into daily work
- Willingness to learn new skills and information, keeping informed of legislation and rulemaking affecting the business line
- Commitment to continuous improvement in systems and processes
- Demonstrated experience with, or the potential to gain thorough and current knowledge of, state and federal tax credit laws and regulations and commercial lending laws
- Experience developing new products and services in a risk-conscious and highly regulated environment
- Development and implementation of regulatory and compliance policies
- Commitment to legal ethics, as demonstrated by experience with attorney-client privilege and conflicts of interest
- Strength working cross-functionally and collaborating with others
• We power potential.
• We stay a step ahead.
• We draw strength from diversity.
• We put people first.
In the U.S. Bank Law Division, we honor those values through our mission: “We guide our clients to remarkable results with expert legal counsel.” Our commitment is evident in the work we do, not only for the Bank but for our communities. The Law Division has received several awards for its pro bono contributions, including the Minnesota Corporate Pro Bono Council’s “Excellence in Pro Bono Award,” and we encourage our legal professionals to contribute time and expertise to pro bono work as part of their role.
We are proud that in 2019 U.S. Bank was recognized as a “World’s Most Ethical Company®” by the Ethisphere Institute for a 6th year, named as one of Fortune World’s “Most Admired Companies,” and was on DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” list. The U.S. Bank Law Division was also recognized in 2019 as one of Corporate Counsel’s “Best Legal Departments,” and as the “Best North American Legal Department in Financial Services & Insurance” by the International Legal Alliance Summit & Awards.
Apply at: https://www.usbank.com/careers
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
||This listing expires on: 11/7/2020