The Civil Rights Division is a key component of the Department of Justice and fulfills a critical mission in upholding the civil and constitutional rights of all individuals, including some of the most vulnerable members of our society.
This position is located in the Disability Rights Section, Civil Rights Division, U.S. Department of Justice. Selectee will perform and present data-driven reviews that support decision-making regarding mission activities, using modern analytics platforms.
- Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies and uses various internal and public datasets to guide and develop data-driven decisions and solutions regarding outreach, enforcement, technical assistance, personnel, budget, and organizational effectiveness.
- Uses analytical, statistical, and programming techniques and tools to collect, analyze, and interpret large or complex internal or external data sets.
- Prepares presentations, briefing materials, or other communications material to effectively demonstrate analysis and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders, using data, visuals, and narrative.
- Generates periodic and special reports that interpret and evaluate internal data, including complaint data, technical assistance data, and case data to identify problem areas or trends.
- Responds to data requests from management and internal or external stakeholders within a short time frame.
- Creates or identifies a management dashboard that will allow managers to access real-time internal data to make data-driven decisions.
- Manages a management dashboard; suggests and implements improvements to the dashboard and other internal data management systems.
||Department of Justice
||$121,316 to $157,709
|Posting Start Date:
||Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must pass a pre-employement security investigation and drug screening.
- A one-year probationary period may be required.
- You must meet all qualifications by the closing date of this announcement.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be considered minimally qualified for this position, you must demonstrate that you have the required specialized experience for the respective grade level(s) in which you are applying:
To qualify for the GS-14 level, applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service that included: 1) managing databases to ensure data integrity, proper staff training, and successful implementation of improvements to database design or operation; 2) creating or procuring a management dashboard that allows decision-makers to access real-time data to make data-driven decisions; 3) collecting and interpreting large or complex internal or external data sets to identify trends, problems, and opportunities that guide data-driven decisions; 4) preparing presentations, briefing materials, or other communications material to effectively demonstrate analysis of complex data and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders; and 5) leading organizational change regarding its data practices. (Must be reflected in resume.)
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s)
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
2. A completed Assessment Questionnaire
3. Other supporting documents:
- Veterans Preference Documentation, if applicable
- Any other supporting documentation required for verification as described in the announcement.
You must submit a complete application package by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date, 07/31/2020.
To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire, which can be previewed here:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10821154.
Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
Note: Failure to submit a resume or supporting documentation may result in elimination for further consideration.
||This listing expires on: 8/7/2020