WBA Member Benefits
We encourage our members to become involved in one or more of our committees or forums. The experience gained is invaluable, and provides a great foundation for further leadership positions.
Each year, through our committees and forums, the WBA organizes a wide variety of dynamic programs. Typically held during lunchtime or after work, our programs address topics that include substantive legal issues, practice development, career development, and matters of general concern to all women. These programs feature experts, authors, dignitaries, and government officials, many of whom are our very own members. In particular, the WBA's Mentoring Committee and Membership Directory offer valuable professional development tools to members. Our Mentoring Program matches new attorneys with more experienced practitioners to provide support and advice. The Membership Directory is a vital resource for networking, finding referrals, and promoting one's practice to the community at large.
An Instant Network
Membership in the WBA opens doors. Through your involvement in the WBA, you have the opportunity to network with women and men who are at the very top of our profession. Members of the WBA support each other, developing mentoring relationships, serving as role models, and creating opportunities for one another.
Each year, the WBA hosts a series of showcase events that provide members an opportunity to meet and hear from prominent individuals in the Washington metropolitan area.
Recognition and Visibility
We all know it’s awkward to toot your own horn. Let the WBA promote your accomplishments and achievements in our newsletter and on our website. We are committed to advancing women as leaders and role models in the profession.
A Connection to the Community
The WBA maintains a commitment to improving the lives of women and children. Through our members, we support many community service projects and programs to support the community. The WBA is a strong supporter of the Women’s Bar Association Foundation, our sister organization, which provides grants to organizations that promote women as leaders and role models.
WBA Members enjoy the following benefits:
- The opportunity to network with almost 1,000 members, both women and men, from the judiciary, law firms, corporations, non-profits, and the government.
- A subscription to Raising the Bar, the WBA’s member newsletter. Raising the Bar covers issues of concern to women in the law, profiles women leaders, and presents substantive articles written by members.
- The ability to stay up to date with the latest at the WBA with our bi-weekly News and Events emails.
- Preferential registration fees for many WBA programs and events.
WBA has partnered with VIDA Fitness (Metropole location) for discounted monthly fees and enrollment. Click here for complete details and a membership application.
Exclusively for WBA Members at www.wbadc.org
- The WBA Online Job Bank. Accessible only with your member password, the online job bank lists career opportunities within private firms, corporations, the government, and non-profits.
- The WBA Online Member Directory. This resource puts the entire WBA membership at your fingertips, making networking easier than ever. Finding fellow members is just a click away.
- Distinguished WBA lapel pin
- No-cost registration for select WBA events (recent examples include the Leadership Task Force’s “Playing to Your Strengths: Tools for Leadership” series, “Evening at the Corcoran Gallery of Art,” and “Blazing Your Own Trail: A Conversation with the General Counsel of Arctic Slope Regional Corporation”)
- Listing in WBA News & Events email (once a month)
- Listing in Raising the Bar newsletter (once a year)
- Listing on WBA website (ongoing)
- Invitation to VIP Reception at WBA/WBAF Annual Dinner
- Name badge ribbon recognition at WBA/WBAF Annual Dinner
- Listing in WBA/WBAF Annual Dinner event program