Fall 2016 Membership Drive
Join the WBA during our Centennial Celebration and Be a Part of History
Join the Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia during our fall membership drive (September 5-October 12) and be entered into a drawing for a ticket to our 2017 Centennial Annual Dinner (May 17, 2017).
We are committed to being the preeminent professional and personal resource for women at all points in their legal careers. Don’t miss out on the benefits and resources that WBA offers—join today!
WBA is here for you at all steps of your career. We provide opportunities for our members to meet like-minded professionals as well as mentors, along with educational opportunities that can help them take the next step, wherever that may lead.
As a WBA member, you will:
- Receive discounted event registrations, including to our tailored programming, such as the Leadership Task Force, Solo & Small Practice Forum, and 20+ Years Expertise group
- Receive our bi-monthly e-newsletter, Raising the Bar (get a sneak peak & check out our most recent issue here)
- Have access to our monthly Business Hour programs, held via teleconference, free and members only!
- Have access to the online Job Bank, which lists career opportunities within private firms, corporations, the government, and non-profits
- Receive unique discounts; WBA partners with business that provide for activities and events of interest to our members (recent examples include discounts to the Professional Women in Advocacy conference and a Shakespeare Theater performance
- Be listed in the online Member Directory, where other WBA members are at your fingertips, making networking easier than ever
- Be able to participate in volunteer opportunities via our Community Projects committee
- Have access to numerous mentoring (either as a mentee or mentor), leadership, and networking opportunities
- Be part of an organization that stands up for and promotes women in the profession
Join now and attend the New Member Reception on Thursday, October 13, at Navigant in downtown DC. There is no charge to attend; this is an opportunity to network with other WBA members, as well as with our Board of Directors and co-chairs of our Committee and Forums. Light hors d'oeuvres and beverages will be served.
We look forward to welcoming you to the WBA!